- The Fall Product Program is a great way for troops to earn money early in the Girl
Scout year. This is especially true for new troops who need start-up supplies. There are
numerous ways that your troop can earn money through Fall Products:
- The troop earns $1 for every nut or candy item sold.
- The troop earns $2 for every address book that a girl fills out completely.
- The troop earns $2.50 for each magazine subscription or photo keepsake sold.
- Girls can earn “Nutty Bucks” to spend at the nearest Trefoil Boutique on Girl Scout items or programs OR girls can earn fun prizes as they sell more and more items.
- Family and friends can now order online and HAVE THE PRODUCTS SHIPPED TO THEM! This year, girls are offered tons of online sale options. If a troop or family wants to, they can participate in the Fall Product Program completely online this year. Not only do girls get to create a custom webpage to sell products to friends and family, but they can also track their goals, send e-mail reminders, and post sale links to an adult’s social media account. Based on last year’s sales, girls who created a custom page were more likely to have higher sales. Family and friends can even shop an expanded online store with access to 600 magazine subscriptions, 25 nut and candy options, and 5 gift tin items.
- Girls will learn and develop five essential life skills: Goal Setting, Decision Making, Money Management, People Skills, and Business Ethics.
- Troops in which each girl participating sells $250 worth of products ($1,250 minimum total) will earn a free night at Camp SOAR, our new camp property!
- There is a new option for family and friends to purchase customizable photo keepsakes. People who purchase the keepsake will be able to customize their own photo books, calendars, greeting cards, and more! There are even exclusive Girl Scout themes that can be used on the keepsakes. Each photo book will also come with a digital copy to keep on your phone or tablet.
- Fall Products make wonderful holiday gifts for teachers, neighbors, friends, and co-workers.
- There are 16 gluten-free nut and candy items available through the digital Fall Product store. Troop customers can shop online to browse a wide variety of items, 16 of which are gluten-free. There are dairy-free and kosher items available as well. Each item is clearly marked for the dietary need it caters to.
- The Adopt-a-Soldier Program. Girls are able to sell nuts and magazine subscriptions that will go directly to a soldier serving our country overseas. State farm’s Adopt-a-Soldier program will add these vouchers and nuts to the care packages that go out to military troops in war zones. Girls who sell five or more items for the Adopt-a-Soldier program will earn a special “share” patch.
- Online games and activities for girls. Girls can visit http://www.whatcanagirldo.org to play games relating to the 5 essential life skills taught through the Fall Product program. Girls can learn about customer appreciation, target markets, people skills, decision making, money management and budgeting, teamwork, manners, goal setting, and being environmentally friendly. Girls can also take an adventure down the river with our mascot, Otto the Otter.
- Finally, how stinking cute is the otter mascot this year? A fun fact from nature.org: river otters are actually land-bound most of the time! Their tails help them to balance and they can run up to 18 miles per hour.
To learn more about the Fall Product Program, visit the GSCI product activity website or contact your council service center. Troops can “dive in” and sell from October 3 through October 24, 2014.
Girl Scouts of Central Illinois