Girl Scouts of Central Illinois recognizes its volunteers as its most valuable asset. Volunteer Appreciation Week – April 15 – 21 – is set aside especially for all our volunteers. Girl Scouts pay tribute to the volunteers who help girls make the world a better place. Our volunteers go beyond troop leaders, to include all the volunteers who work in so many ways on behalf of girls in Girl Scouting.
Our volunteers work every day to achieve the nationally tested and proven program models of the Girl Scouts. The help girls . . .
- Develop positive values that are reflected in the Girl Scout Promise and Law
- Gain practical life skills such as decision-making, problem-solving, and financial literacy
- Develop and enhance healthy relationships with their peers and other adults outside their family
- Learn to resolve conflicts that are a natural part of life
- Feel empowered to make a difference in the world by taking part in community service
- Educate and inspire others to act by learning about themselves and their world
The very essence of Girl Scouting depends upon the contributions of volunteers. Whether a volunteer contributes time because she/he loves working with girls, sharing a skill or any of a thousand difference reasons, a heart-felt thank you goes a long way towards making that person feel appreciated. The gesture does not need to be big or gran – it can just be as simple as a letter or card of thanks.
Ways to say “Thanks”
- Send a hand-made thank you card from the troop
- Give a bouquet of daisies
- Cover your community with signs that say “Thank You Girl Scout Leaders!”
- Write a letter to the editor thanking your leaders for their commitment to girls
- Thank leaders in person – smile and say thank you
- Have a recognitions ceremony
- Record girls saying thank you to their leaders as a PSA for local radio stations
- Hold an appreciation dinner
- Make a financial contribution to the council in honor of Girl Scout volunteers
- Organize a special outing for them to the movies, theatre, sporting event or spa
- Give them a volunteer mug full of chocolate kisses
- Plant flowers in their garden
- Make dinner for volunteers and their families
- Make a handmade gift from each of the girls in her troop
- Present them with an awesome Volunteer Appreciation gift from your local Girl Scout shop
Thank you to all our volunteers, families and the entire Girl Scout community for everything you do to make Girl Scouts such an amazing experience!