With a Girl Scout Cookie, a girl can dream more. She has more opportunities. She can give more to her community. She is more empowered. And she can do more than she ever thought possible.
A cookie can give a girl the experience of a lifetime. The activity of selling cookies is directly related to our purpose of helping all girls realize their full potential and become strong, confident, and resourceful citizens.
- Girl Scouts learn life skills and are able to realize their goals and they have fun doing it.
- Customers get a great product and get to support girls in their own community.
- All proceeds support Girl Scouting in our council area.
Through the Girl Scout Cookie Activity girls develop five essential skills
- Goal setting
- Decision making
- Money management
- People skills
- Business ethics
Many successful women today say they got their start selling Girl Scout Cookies.
During cookie activities, girls are members of a team working towards a common goal, with each girl striving to do her best. Every local troop is encouraged to set realistic goals, such as planning field trips and community service projects, to accomplish during the year. The proceeds earned from cookie activities help the troop achieve its goals.
Proceeds from the Girl Scout Cookie Activity remain local. This revenue is used to directly benefit girls by supporting troop activities and allowing the council to provide year-round programming on topics of community service, outdoor education, financial literacy, science, and the arts. Proceeds also provide support for training adult volunteers and financial assistance to make Girl Scouting available to all girls.
Cookie Activity Facts
- The cookie activity order taking is from January 13th through February 5th
- Cookie deliver to customers is March 5th through March 21st
- Cookie booths are March 9th through April 15
- Eight varieties of cookies including Thin Mints, Shortbread, Lemonades, Peanut Butter Patties, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Thanks-A-Lot, Carmel deLites, and Shout-Outs!
- Cookies are $4.00 a box
The most popular Girl Scout Cookies are ranked accordingly . . . across the country, we know that Thin Mints are the most popular, and they account for 25% of all Girl Scout Cookies eaten.
Ranking of percentage of all cookies sold:
25% Thin Mints
19% Carmel deLites
13% Peanut Butter Patties
11% Peanut Butter Sandwiches