Girl Scouts of the USA is hosting two events to launch ToGetHerThere–the boldest cause campaign dedicated to girls’ leadership issues in the nation’s history–on January 31st in New York City and on February 1st in Washington, DC.
You can watch live, the launch of The Year of the Girl and the ToGetHerThere campaign.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 – 11:00 a.m. ET
The New York event features a panel discussion with key thought leaders in education, business, government and entertainment. ABC News journalist Deborah Roberts will moderate the panel, which will explore ways members of society can support girls in reaching their leadership potential. The program will include:
- Connie L. Lindsey, national president, Girl Scouts of the USA
- Anna Maria Chávez, president and chief executive officer, Girl Scouts of the USA
- Michele Kwan, public diplomacy envoy, U.S. State Department and Olympian Figure
- Joanna Coles, editor-in-chief, Marie Claire
- Jean Chatzky, best selling author, personal finance expert and correspondent, NBC “Today”
- Linda Descano, president and chief executive officer, Women & Co., Citi
- Kristen Sanchez, Deputy Managing Partner, Markets & Offerings, Deloitte LLP
Also on January 31 tune into Good Morning America when National CEO Anna Maria Chávez will be interviewed by Katie Couric. And look for an article running in the business section of The New York Times.
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
The Washington, DC event assembles top public policymakers to discuss the state of girls today and set forth a resolution to foster supportive environments and help girls achieve their full potential. To date, U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius and Representative Nancy Pelosi have confirmed their participation.
Instructions for Accessing Live Webcast
Logon time: 10:45 a.m. ET on Tuesday, January 31, 2012 (accessible from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. ET)
Participants can go to livestream.com/girlscouts at any time, enter the password “togetherthere,” and view the static slate that reads “Tune in on January 31 for the launch event for ToGetHerThere.”